Tuesday, July 7, 2009

My Old Reviews Part III - The Jackson 5 - ABC Album - Abc, I Want You Back and Ben



6/27/2009

I remember my childhood days when my mom just turn on our cassette tape and play her original collections of The Jackson 5. I was so pissed back then cause i hate the classics (but i changed heheh!) and in late 90's, it was the era of spice girls, back street boys and aaron carter! We always argue about what tapes to play cause i hate the sound of her music. Like barbara streisand, bee gees and the family Von Trapp album. Oh yes! i grew up with those songs! Specially the afro way! Classical music in my youthful days nagging me to death. Dont like them really! Its like mom's torturing me with those kind of entertainment paramecia! But i guess when we get older, matured and open minded, you will realize that everything is beautiful even if it is not appropriate for you. Now i am enjoying the sounds of the old days
old skewl and old lingering remedies because of the modern artists of today who gave a new renditions to the early ones. Sergio Mendez's, Boyz II Men, Whitney Houston's, Beatles, Carpenters, Bob Marley and barry manilow's! (I really enjoy them now! Believe me huh?) My mom's ultimate favorite was the album of The Jackson 5 "ABC". Every morning she just turns on the volume (take note: MAX) then i said and sighed. deeply while holding my playing cards (a.k.a teks! ahahaah!)" Oh well..here we go again...Pompompom! pompompom! ABC-is as easy as 123. Do-re-mi. ABC. baby you and me girl! Go on girl! i think i love yah! Shake it shake it baby! wooh!" Well i cant blame her, she just grew up IN the days of afros, funky and soul melodies. Hence, because of my mom's stubbornness in listening in young and not so young MJ's music, i finally came to realize this past few years that i have been missing it. I memorized the rhythm and lyrics of it. Now I really do love listening to those TJ5 songs with my cousins and our folks inside the car. I even burned a cd for it way back and included to ipod Videos. I am singing "Ben" on Wow Magic sing. (yes, i cant believe that neither ;p). Daddy Day Care movie really inspired me too cause they have used the songs of The Jackson 5 as the soundtrack. So sadden, that Now, MJ is gone, i really missed my childhood perks like my mom missed her childhood days too. ABC, Ben and I want you back are now my Last Songs Syndrome that will echo in my youthful memoirs forever. Farewell - King of Pop Michael Joseph Jackson (August 29, 1958 - June 25, 2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment